It’s been years, my parents are living on their own. This is not because we all do not care or wish them to be with us. For them, a life by themselves is the one where they can stay without too much stress on their nerves, health and be at their birth place. In order to get rid of their loneliness, sometimes, they had taken shelter in human gods and self styled gurus. Though I prefer to stay many steps away from these gods, there are few features which I found worth discussing.
- Human gods involve around people. Hence there is a get together of people for sure.
- People are brought to same platform, whichever walks of life they may be.
- Though it’s always gullible people who fall prey to them, some kind of discipline come in their devotees. All sitting and making flower chains is one example. Focus on an activity comes.
- Being in nuclear families, there is very less communication each has with family members on daily basis and thus the potlucks planned serve a purpose on food pe charcha among devotees.
- Combined family concept hardly works now. Hence, there is no listening ears, other than fellow devotees.
- A fun trip is difficult to plan too often for them, these get togethers are exactly like merry making, laughing, smiling and yes, living and what else one wants at any stage of their life.
Dedicating to my lovely parents, whom I keep telling ‘ you are monuments and to be preserved’:)